This residential hall is situated in an historic building in the centre of Salamanca. The building has been fully refurbished and equipped with all types of amenities which the students can benefit from and enjoy throughout their stay.
The Colegio Mayor Hernan Cortes has 243 places available and offers private rooms for the more independent students, with their own bathroom and study area, as well as double rooms with a shared bathroom. Both types of room are fitted with Internet access, a telephone and are fully furnished.
This residential hall also provides a weekly cleaning and maintenance service, a concierge, a loaning service (irons, vacuum cleaners, board games, laptops) and a reception.
As well as this, the student will have a wide range of facilities and amenities available at all times, including a laundry room, a TV/DVD room, computer points or cyber-corners with access to the Internet, a daily newspaper, and games rooms, amongst many others.
- Location: Situated in the centre of the city, only a 12 minute walk from the University of Salamanca. (Map: Pº San Vicente, 103-139, 7007 Salamanca.)
- Guarantee Deposit: A month of payment
- Accommodation Board: Choice between breakfast only, half-board or full-board
- Additional Costs: Consumption of supplies, to be paid at the end of the stay
- Bed Linen and Towels: Subject to contract option
- Cultural and Sporting Activities: Various cultural and sporting activities, voluntary and complimentary, organised by the residential halls and by the University of Salamanca.
- Access to the Internet: Wifi in all the communal areas
Facilities and Communal Services:
- Reception and Concierge Service
- Cleaning and Maintenance Service
- Personal mailbox
- Laundry Room
- Dining Room
- Vending Machines
- Study Rooms
- TV/DVD Rooms
- Cyber-corner with access to the Internet and a printer
- Games Rooms
- Rooms with disabled access
- Daily Newspaper
The following table shows the prices for the rooms in this residence, for students wishing to register for the Semester Spanish language courses at Salamanca University. The dates exposed below are adapted to the starting dates of these courses and you can book several periods in case you will attend the course for more than one term.
The table below shows the prices for different rooms in this residence. They target those students who want to attend the Intensive Spanish courses and the Summer Spanish language courses. Prices are displayed depending on how many weeks the stay lasts, and it is posible to add extra weeks if required by the duration of these courses.
These rates include weekly cleaning of the bedroom, phone line rental, Internet connection, free use of the onsite computers and full access to the public areas. These rates do not include the electricity supply of approximately 12€ that will need to settled upon departure, 11,50€ for the water supply, 30€ for the gas supply, bed linen and towel supply 41€ per month (you are allowed to bring your own bed linen and towels) and any outbound calls made to numbers outside the residence. These costs will need to be settled directly at the residence along with the required deposit.