Below you can find useful information like how to find the Spanish courses at Salamanca University, a map of Salamanca, and links to other sites about Salamanca.
How to get to the University
The Spanish Courses at Salamanca University are arranged in one of the traditional university premises located right in the historical centre in the small square called Patio de Escuelas menores s/n. at the end of the street called Libreros just next to the cathedral of Salamanca.
Most part of the centre is closed for traffic so there are no buses near the university but as the centre of Salamanca is very small The university can easily be reached by foot from nearly any place of Salamanca
Although Salamanca is a small town it and public transport is seldom necessary there is a good net of buses connecting the outskirts of the town with the centre.
For further information about public transport within Salamanca click here
How to get to Salamanca
Salamanca does not have an airport and the nearest international airport is the Barajas airport in Madrid.
From Madrid airport the easiest way to get to Salamanca is by bus which will cost about 20Eur for a one way ticket and take about 3 hours. The bus leave one or two times per hour from about 6am to 9pm from Monday to Sunday and it is normally not necessary to reserve a ticket.
To get to the bus station from the airport you can either take a taxi (approx. 20-30Eur) or the metro.
If you take the metro you will have to follow the indication at the airport to the airport metro station and thereafter take the metro to Nuevos Ministerios. In Nuevos Ministerios you will have to change to the grey line and continue until Conde de Casal station where you will find the bus station next to the metro station.
When you arrive to the bus station in Salamanca a taxi will cost about 3-5Eur to take you to your accommodation.
For a map of Salamanca centre please click here
If you need to convert currency please click here
|To the right you can find information about the weather situation in Salamanca. For full information please click here|
- Salamanca University – main website.
- Salamanca Town Hall – the website of Salamanca City Council.
- The Province Deputation of Salamanca – the official website for the province of Salamanca.
- The Government of Castilla Leon – the official website for the State of Castilla Leon.
- Salamanca Tourist Board – with usefull tourist information.
- Salamanca Guide – a guide to Salamancawith a lot of useful information.
- Spanish Universities – For useful information about Spanish courses at other Spanish Universities.
- Learn Spanish in Madrid – at the University of Madrid Antonio Nebrija.
- Becas MEC – Grants and Scholarships provided by the el Ministerio de Educacion (education ministry) for Spanish students that want to study English, German and French abroad.
- www.gostudyspain.es – First class all inclusive Spanish courses in Spain at Salamanca, Barcelona, Madrid and Malaga universities.