Below you can find useful information like how to find the Spanish courses at Salamanca University, a map of Salamanca, and links to other sites about Salamanca.
How to get to the University
The Spanish Courses at Salamanca University are arranged in one of the traditional university premises located right in the historical centre in the small square called Patio de Escuelas menores s/n. at the end of the street called Libreros just next to the cathedral of Salamanca.
Most part of the centre is closed for traffic so there are no buses near the university but as the centre of Salamanca is very small The university can easily be reached by foot from nearly any place of Salamanca
Although Salamanca is a small town it and public transport is seldom necessary there is a good net of buses connecting the outskirts of the town with the centre.
For further information about public transport within Salamanca click here
How to get to Salamanca
The closest international airport is Madrid-Barajas (at 215 km from Salamanca), which is well connected to Madrid's city centre by metro, bus or taxicab.
One could could go to Salamanca from Madrid by bus from the very same airport Madrid-Barajas (Terminal 1), or from the bus station Estación Sur de autobuses de Madrid (South Station) ( located on 83 Méndez Álvaro Street).
The trip from Madrid to Salamacna by bus could take about two and half hours.
For more information, visit www.avanzabus.com.
Another way to get to the city centre would be by train from Estación de Chamartín (located on Agustín de Foxá Street - w/o street number) s/n).
This trip could take a little under three hours.
For more information, visit www.renfe.com.
It is normally possible to buy bus and train tickets the same day that you intend to travel, but we would recommend that you buy your tickets in advance.
For a map of Salamanca centre please click here
If you need to convert currency please click here
|To the right you can find information about the weather situation in Salamanca. For full information please click here|
- Salamanca University – main website.
- Salamanca Town Hall – the website of Salamanca City Council.
- The Province Deputation of Salamanca – the official website for the province of Salamanca.
- The Government of Castilla Leon – the official website for the State of Castilla Leon.
- Salamanca Tourist Board – with usefull tourist information.
- Salamanca Guide – a guide to Salamancawith a lot of useful information.
- Spanish Universities – For useful information about Spanish courses at other Spanish Universities.
- Learn Spanish in Madrid – at the University of Madrid Antonio Nebrija.
- Becas MEC – Grants and Scholarships provided by the el Ministerio de Educacion (education ministry) for Spanish students that want to study English, German and French abroad.
- www.gostudyspain.es – First class all inclusive Spanish courses in Spain at Salamanca, Barcelona, Madrid and Malaga universities.